Friday, August 07, 2009

Stop Micro-Managing!


Micro-managing never works. Why?

Well, because in order to micro-manage, you must be micro-focused. And, of course, if you are micro-focused, you can not see the whole picture.

You could even be looking at the neighboring molecule thinking that it is the likely cause of a problem, that the molecule a little ways over is actually causing. But we suspect the first one because he is in the vicinity and has been accused before.

Another problem with micro-managing is that it leads to trying to treat symptoms, and most symptoms have nothing to do with what originally caused the problem.

For example :
I could have a wet floor, so I will get a towel and dry it off. A moment or two later, it is wet again, so I dry it off again. This could go on for hours, days, or weeks. Then one day I look out the window and realize that the whole yard is flooded, and it keeps seeping in, on to my floor.

I say, "Oh, that is the problem." So I go outside and build a drainage area to drain water away from my house. The drain works beautifully and water starts to drain away from my house, and fill the neighbors yard. But the next day, my floor is wet again. I look out the window and my yard is still flooded. I realize that water is coming into my yard just as fast as the drain is draining it.

I say, "Oh , that is the problem." I go up-stream a little and start to build a dike. When my dike is finished, I go home, content that my floor will now stray dry. The next thing I know, my floor is wet again. So, I go back outside and look around a little more. Then I see the problem. The dam up the road is leaking.

So, now I know what the REAL problem is, and I get a meeting together with all my neighbors to talk about moving the dam to a better location. One neighbors says we should plug up the dam, but there are several different opinions on how to plug it up and with what. One neighbors says that if we just think positively it will stop leaking. Another suggests that a committee should study the dam to see why it decided to stop doing it's job. Others want to look into why the dam was built there in the first place.

Finally we solve the problem, by making a really great wholesale purchase of dry towels.

Now, I know that that was kind of ridiculous, but we see this kind of thing happen all the time in the real world of health care.

You have a headache, so you take a pain pill.

The doctor tells you that your cholesterol levels are too high, so he gives you a prescription.

You are anemic, so you take an iron supplement.

You read in the newspaper that red wine will keep you heart healthy, so you take up drinking red wine.

You hear that eating fat makes you fat, so you stop eating fat.

These things are all very misleading 'solutions' that you have come to believe in, even though the trouble doesn't go away after months of doing them. In fact in many cases the problem seems to subside initially, but then comes back with a vengeance.

It is because these are all ways of trying to micro-manage your health.

So, what is the long term solution?

Stop micro-managing!

The creator of the world made wonderful foods that nourish and rejuvenate the body. Eaten in a whole and natural state they help all the body systems to work in a balanced and optimal way.

Believe it or not, you can get all the nutrients you need by eating whole natural foods. You not only get the nutrients that have been heavily studied, you get the ones we still don't even know about yet.

On the other hand, anytime someone takes apart whole foods, and separates out one particular substance from it, it will cause imbalance in the human body.

Stop micro-managing!

Drink plenty of good clean water. Eat whole grains, and nuts. Eat plenty of veggies and fruits. Use raw milk and eggs from healthy animals that also use natural whole foods. Cut out processed and fractionated foods and supplements. Eliminate all artificial and fake, and/or concentrated foods. Get regular exercise. Get to sleep at a good time each night.

A healthy lifestyle will cure most ills.

Go HERE. Read the book.

No comments: